Friday, February 22, 2008

Forgotten . . .lost

Forgotten. . . .Forsaken
those words echo in my being
darkness creeps over my soul
that light is gone, standing in its place
is a woman that can't be hurt
by the words of men, that can't be hurt
by little boys throwing toys, that
can't be hurt when someone close
closes them out and shuts them down

Forgotten . . . Forsaken
I was a tree, tall and strong
then came the man that sat under me
I watched him, a handsome man
he whispered to the air but I heard him
his words were huned and sweet
they made me grow, made me stronger
then the day he came with a lady by his side
those words that were for me, he whispered to her

Forgotten. . . . Forsaken
As he whispered I felt posion sink
into my roots and my once green leaves
turned crimson and cold
my bark turned black as ashes
I didn't fall over after he stopped coming to my shade
I was still there, I am still there
a large tree with bark of ashes and leaves of blood
I am the forsaken tree of my own soul

4 comments:

winifred222222 said...

i really like the poem, reminds me of daphne and apollo :)

winifred222222 said...

hugs tree shelley :)

Unknown said...

i will go to tree shelly and dig her roots up and take her with me to alaska!! hee hee!

i tell my mother in law how much i miss you and i mis syou so much. i hope you guys come to alaska with us if we get to go there hee hee.

Unknown said...

i dont think you understand that the boy n girl are writing happy poems about the tree shelley and you havent been forgotten.